We are collecting articles, reports, books and tools to help beginners and experts sharpen their advocacy skills.
Whether it is the latest report or a must-read article; you will find useful material here.
A first selection
Reports & Books
- World Bank (2004). World Development Report 2005: A Better Investment Climate for Everyone. https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/5987 Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group. License: CC BY 3.0 IGO
- UNCTAD (2008). Investment Promotion Agencies as Policy Advocates. investment Advisory Series, Series A, number 2, Geneva. Link: http://unctad.org/en/docs/iteipc20076_en.pdf
- OECD (2018). Mapping of Investment Promotion Agencies in OECD Countries. Link: Mapping of investment promotion agencies in OECD countries – OECD
- International Finance Corporation (2016). The Investment Climate. Published by the Inter-Agency Task Force of Financing for Development, Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group. Link: http://www.un.org/esa/ffd/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/The-Investment-Climate_IFC-World-Bank-Group_IATF-Issue-Brief.pdf
- Sanchiz, A.; Omic, A. (2020). State of Investment Promotion Agencies: Evidence from WAIPA-WBG’s Joint Global Survey. Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group. Link: https://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/499971594008431029/State-of-Investment-Promotion-Agencies-Evidence-from-WAIPA-WBG-s-Joint-Global-Survey
- Heilbron, A.; Aranda-Larrey, Y. (2020). The Comprehensive Investor Services Framework. Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group. Link: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/33498/Strengthening-Service-Delivery-of-Investment-Promotion-Agencies-The-Comprehensive-Investor-Services-Framework.pdf
- Book about Aftercare: Arriagada Peters, C. and Coble, D. and Li, T. and Lewis, B. (2022). “Investment Aftercare Explained. A Guide for FDI Practitioners and Policymakers on How to Grow and Retain Investors”. Routledge, London and New York. Link: https://www.routledge.com/Investment-Aftercare-Explained-A-Guide-for-FDI-Practitioners-and-Policymakers/Peters-Coble-Li-Lewis/p/book/9781032006246
The following organizations offer good content about advocacy:
- UNCTAD – https://unctad.org
- World Bank – https://www.worldbank.org
- OECD – https://www.oecd.org
- WAIPA – https://www.waipa.org
- UNIDO – https://www.unido.org
- GIZ – https://www.giz.de
- International Centre for Policy Advocacy (ICPA) – https://www.icpolicyadvocacy.org/
Would you like to add resources?
Please write to us and we will endeavour to complete the list. Thanks for your collaboration.
Looking for Advocacy Quotes & Facts?
Go to our book page and enjoy a selection of quotes and advocacy facts we have selected just for you..