Terms & Conditions
Last updated: September 25th, 2022
Advocacy Explained is owned and managed by Cities & Collaboration.
Cities and Collaboration Limited is a company registered in England (company registration number 09913265) whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, 12 Gough Square EC4A 3DW, London, United Kingdom. Cities & Collaboration Limited respects your right to privacy.
The Platform (defined below) is an online marketplace which enables service providers to post advertisements for services online and enables end users to book those services. We (defined below) operate the Platform and act as an intermediary between end users and Service Providers (defined below).
We recommend that you read this Terms and Conditions of Use in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What does Cities & Collaboration Limited do?
Cities & Collaboration is a company that advises countries, cities and region on how to attract and retain foreign direct investment (FDI). Part of that consultancy support includes training to help delegates become the FDI experts the industry needs. Our platform facilitates the transfer of knowledge and commoditises this into training experiences such as courses, mentoring and assessments. For more information about Cities & Collaboration, please see the “About Us” section at http://www.citiesandcollaboration.com/about/.
- “Platform” means the Platform at advocacyexplained.com which is operated by, or on behalf of, us;
- “Services” means the services which the Service Provider provides in the ordinary course of its business and any incidental services the Service Provider also provides, which relate to a particular Service Post;
- “Service Post” means an advertisement on the Platform by which the Service Provider offers to carry out Services;
- “Service Provider” means the service provider who has been booked to provide Services in response to a Service Post;
- “we“, “our” and “us” means Cities & Collaboration Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 09913265. Our registered office is at 4 Crown Place, London, England, EC2A 4BT; and
- “you” and “your” means a user of the Platform.
4. Your right to use the Platform
- browsing the Platform content;
- uploading Service Posts offering services; and
- booking any services that are advertised in Service Posts on the Platform.
5. Your obligations
- You agree not to:
- use the Platform for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose or to bind third parties without their requisite authority or permission to do so;
- use the Platform to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent its affiliation with any person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Platform or access to it;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Platform any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or programme that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- restrict or inhibit the ability of any other person to access or use the Platform;
- modify, adapt or translate any portion of the Platform;
- remove, obscure or modify any copyright, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Platform;
- use any robot, spider, search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather or reproduce the Platform or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Platform; or
- use the Platform in any other way which causes annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person and/or entity.
- You agree to comply with the Standard End User Service Terms in relation to any Services that are provided pursuant to a Service Post.
6. Account and password security
- We will only provide access to certain information and functionalities of the Platform via a username and password system. In order to set up an account, you must:
- be eighteen (18) years or older;
- provide at least one contact telephone number; and
- provide at least one email address.
- When setting up an account, all personal details provided must be your own and you must not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead us as to your identity.
- You must ensure that you have appropriate security measures in place to ensure that:
- any username and password that you select is used only by you; and
- the security and confidentiality of your username and password is maintained at all times and not disclosed, whether to other individuals within your organisation, or to any third parties.
- You shall not leave any Platform session unattended and shall be responsible for all use that occurs under your account, regardless of whether any such use is by you or by unauthorised third parties.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or of any other breach of security. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss, damage or other liability arising from your failure to comply with this Clause 6 or from any unauthorised access to or use of your account.
- Account holders must not use their accounts to post comments and/or information that is illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringes intellectual property rights, or is otherwise objectionable to third parties, which includes any content containing software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam”.
7. Payments and Pricing
- Prices for services are set out in Service Posts uploaded to the Platform by Service Providers. Any payments for Services or to upload Service Posts must be made via the Platform and must be paid by credit or debit card, using the secure payment process.
- You agree to notify us immediately once services have been completed by a Service Provider to your satisfaction. This will enable us to process any payments due to the Service Provider. Please note that we will not enter into any further correspondence regarding the Services. Any disputes regarding the Services must be resolved directly between the end user and the Service Provider.
- Beyond what is stated in a Service Post regarding Services, we cannot be more specific about the availability of such Services. As we process your booking, we will inform you by e-mail or by posting a message to your account as soon as possible if any Services you booked are unavailable.
- From time to time, the Platform may include links to third party websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not signify that we endorse such third party websites. We do not review such third party websites and you acknowledge and agree that:
- we are not responsible for such websites, including the terms on which such websites are made available and the privacy policies of such websites, and we do not control their content or availability;
- we make no representation, warranty or condition, either express or implied, in relation to any goods or services or information received from such websites; and
- if you access any such websites, you do so entirely at its own risk.
- You may include links to the Platform on another website providing you acknowledge and agree the following:
- we are not liable to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of such links;
- we do not promise that the Platform will be continuously available (and therefore such links may not always work);
- you will not insert such links on any Platform which contains any content which is illegal, infringes any rights, such as the intellectual property rights, of any third party or contains any adult content; and
- we reserve the right to object to any such links and require you to remove them.
9. Limitation of Liability
- You acknowledge and agree that the provision of any Services is governed by the Standard End User Service Terms and that we are not a party to that contract. We do not accept any liability in connection with the Services or any acts or omissions of Service Providers and end users, whether or not a Service Provider has been recommended. You hereby release us from any and all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any disputes relating to any Services.
- We are not responsible for performing any vetting of Platform users. You must satisfy yourself with the other party’s suitability before entering into an agreement for Services.
- The information and materials about Service Providers are not provided by us. We have little or no editorial control over this material and we therefore cannot guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for any particular purpose of the material available through the Service.
- that access to the Platform will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that the Platform or the computer server from which the Platform are made available, are free of viruses or other harmful components; and
- to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, reliability, quality or suitability of any content contained in or Services delivered via the Platform or otherwise made available in connection with the Platform.
- You also acknowledge and agree that the operation of the Platform is dependent upon the proper and effective functioning of the internet and other third party equipment and services, and that we do not guarantee and will not be liable for these in any way.
- Subject to Clause 1, we will not be liable to you for:
- any special, indirect or consequential losses or damages; or
- any loss of data, profits, revenues, business, or goodwill,
10. Intellectual Property Rights
- The intellectual property rights in the Platform and copyright in all material stored, displayed and accessible on the Platform is either owned by us or duly licensed by third parties. All such rights are reserved.
- If you post content or submit material you grant:
- us a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sublicensable and transferable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media; and
- us, our sublicensees and transferees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
No moral rights are assigned under this provision.
- You agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to us, including the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post, and that, as at the date that the content or material is posted:
- the content and material is accurate; and
- our use of the content and material will not breach any applicable policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory).
- You agree to indemnify us for all claims brought by a third party against us arising out of or in connection with the content and material you supply or post on the Platform.
11. Governing Law
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law.
- The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for all purposes relating to and in connection with this Agreement and any such dispute or claim referred to in Clause 1.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com
Below is a full list of our platforms:
1) Cities & Collaboration: www.citiesandcollaboration.com
For more information about Cities & Collaboration, please see the “About Us” section at http://www.citiesandcollaboration.com/about/.
2) fdiCampus: www.fdicampus.com
For more information about fdiCampus visit the ‘About’ section at https://fdicampus.com/about/
3) Aftercare Explained: www.aftercareexplained.com
4) Advocacy explained: www.advocacyexplained.com
5) CarolinaPeters: www.carolinapeters.com
For more information visit the ‘About’ section at https://www.carolinapeters.com/about/
Your comments will help us improve our website in future, but please note that we will not necessarily be able to reply.